Part-time position available immediately
Responsible for working as part of the Operations and Maintenance department to provide general operations and maintenance of all facilities including buildings, exhibits, signs, displays, nature trails, plant nurseries and grounds. Responsible for minor repairs to facilities and equipment. Coordinates with aquarium staff for aquarium operations, maintenance and repairs. The Operations Technician is supervised by the Operations Manager and works with other Florida Oceanographic staff and volunteers.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on equipment, facilities and buildings including changing filters, periodic running of generators and painting exposed exterior and interior surfaces. Perform routine waste disposal including trash and recycle waste.
- Perform minor repairs to broken or damaged equipment, buildings, facilities including exhibits and nature trails. Perform routine surveys of nature trails and repair and maintain all trails for safe visitor passage.
- Maintain clean and safe areas including storage of all materials, equipment and supplies. Maintain adequate supplies for routine maintenance and repair.
- Assist with keeping a good appearance to all landscape and grounds including mowing grass, weeding and cultivating landscape around buildings and facilities.
- Supervises volunteers engaged in maintenance, repair and operations work.
- Occasional weekend work required during special events.
- Able to push, pull, lift or carry a minimum or 50 lbs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Administration and Operations or Executive Director.
Minimum high school degree and 2 years experience in operations and maintenance. Basic plumbing and carpentry knowledge required. Able to lift 50 pounds and operate vehicles, equipment and machinery. Able to work effectively outdoors in hot and humid weather conditions. Valid Florida driver’s license required.
Part time 24 hours per week – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; 8:30 am – 5:00 pm