This full-time position is responsible for coordinating Florida Oceanographic Society’s outreach efforts and programs including participation in community events. Coordinate outreach with Development Team to regional businesses, hotels and restaurants to promote and gain support for the Society’s programs and mission. Develop, manage and coordinate internal communications within Departments to provide content for the Society’s social media outreach including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
Work direction and priorities are given by the Development Administrator as direct supervisor.
- Work with all departments to liaison and cultivate relationships with community restaurants & businesses involved in the Florida Oceanographic Business Partner Programs, Oyster Restoration program and other community programs.
- Organize the Society’s presence at various community events including regional Shows, Festivals, etc.
- Manage informational rack card distribution & follow-up with hotels, restaurants and other community organizations.
- Work with Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator to maintain social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc..
- Work together with the Development Department Team to implement fundraising events, programs, communications, etc. as necessary for the organization.
- Update internal calendars & communications among Departments.
- Assist Development Department Team with graphics and design of brochures, logos, event promotional materials and signage.
- Strong computer skills, expert written and verbal communication skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. A better than working knowledge of Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to function in a work environment which includes moderate noise level, outdoor activities and have the ability to be on feet for up to 3 hours at a time and lift 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Business Management preferred.
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work well with Volunteers, Staff, Members and public constituents and take direction from supervisor. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Send completed application, letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Development Administrator, Florida Oceanographic Society, 890 NE Ocean Blvd., Stuart, FL 34996.