Oyster Shell Bagging
About the Event
Join us for an oyster shell bagging at the Coastal Center and help bag oyster shells that will eventually be deployed into the Indian River Lagoon for restoration!
Registration required. We cannot accommodate those not registered for this event.
Please wear closed-toe shoes, appropriate clothing and bring a reusable water bottle. Gloves provided. Participants not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be allowed to participate for liability/safety reasons.
Minimum age for this event is 10 years old. Participants under 18 years of age must be signed in and accompanied by an adult.
- Masks/face coverings required
- Clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty (long sleeves and long pants reduce bug bites)
- Closed-toe shoes are required (for protection from oyster shells)
- Bring hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle
- Sanitized gloves provided, but feel free to bring your own
- Sanitizer will be available
- Please park at the southern end of our parking lot. FOS staff will meet your group near Admissions
- Everyone will be walking the ½ mile trail to the site. Due to COVID-19 we are not utilizing our vans at this time.
Registration for this event closes on Friday, April 9th, at 3:15pm or when full.