Oyster Shell Bagging
About the Event
Join us for an oyster shell bagging at the Coastal Center and help bag oyster shells that will eventually be deployed into the Indian River Lagoon for restoration!
Registration required. We cannot accommodate those not registered for this event.
Please wear closed-toe shoes, appropriate clothing and bring a reusable water bottle. Gloves provided. Participants not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be allowed to participate for liability/safety reasons.
Minimum age for this event is 10 years old. Participants under 18 years of age must be signed in and accompanied by an adult who is also registered for and participating in the event.
- Clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty (long sleeves and long pants reduce bug bites)
- Closed-toe shoes are required (for protection from oyster shells)
- Bring hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle
- Sanitized gloves provided, but feel free to bring your own
- Sanitizer will be available
- Please park at the southern end of our parking lot. FOS staff will meet your group near Admissions
- Everyone will be walking the ½ mile trail to the site. Due to COVID-19 we are not utilizing our vans at this time.
We require that unvaccinated people continue all appropriate safety precautions, including wearing facial coverings and physically distancing, to protect themselves and others. Proof of vaccination is not required, but we ask for responsible and respectful cooperation with this revised policy. We also ask that you continue to exercise good judgement by limiting your exposure to others if you are feeling unwell in any way or think that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or any other infectious illness.
Event registration closes on Monday, January 24th, at 12pm or when full. You will receive an email confirmation once you have registered. If you do not receive a confirmation email your registration did not go through. Please check to make sure the event is not full. If you have difficulties and the event if not full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for this event is currently full and no longer available.