Volunteer Photography Contest
June 6 - July 16
The intent of this contest is to showcase the natural environment and wildlife of Florida Oceanographic Society (FOS)
- By submitting an entry the photographer affirms that it was taken at Florida Oceanographic Society. Pictures must not interfere with normal volunteer responsibilities.
- All entries must be original images taken by the photographer during the designated time period (June 6th – July 16th) in the categories of Wildlife and Landscape/Scenery.
- The contest is intended for amateur photographers only. Entries by professionals (someone whose primary income is from photography) will be disqualified.
- Original unedited images only.
- By submitting entries the photographer is granting perpetual rights to Florida Oceanographic Society to reproduce and exhibit the submitted images without compensation. Reasonable attempt will be made to credit the photographer. The photographer retains their copyright for other uses.
- Florida Oceanographic Society takes no responsibility for lost or damaged entries.
- FOS staff and contest Judges are not eligible to enter. Volunteers are eligible.
- An entry can be deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of the judges.
- By submitting an entry the photographer agrees to abide by all contest rules, and waives all claims of any kind against the organizers and judges of the contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entries may be submitted beginning June 6, 2016 and must be received by July 16, 2016.
- All entries must be submitted through the contest website at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each photographer may submit up to three (3) jpeg images at one time. Each photographer may submit no more than 10 images total.
- When submitting photos please include; your name, phone number, date the photo was taken, and the category entered.
JUDGING AND AWARDS:
- Judging will be by select FOS staff and contest Judges.
- A Grand Prize winner, a “Nature’s Center Choice” winner and honorable mention images will be selected by judges.
- Recognized photos will be printed and exhibited during October 2016.
- Any questions should be emailed to email@example.com