Full-time position available immediately
Summary of Position
The Director of Development leads Florida Oceanographic Society’s development department to raise annual operating, capital and endowment campaign funds. The Director creates and implements strategic and annual development and marketing plans and maintains ongoing productive relationships with donors, board members, volunteers and staff. The Director of Development is responsible for marketing and advertising Florida Oceanographic Society’s programs and projects and directs communication including media relations and publications. The Director of Development is a member of Florida Oceanographic Society’s management team and supervises department staff and volunteers. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Executive Director, Board members, staff and volunteers to achieve goals.
1. Generates and implements development plan for annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other solicitations.
2. Establishes major donor contacts, conducts prospect research; cultivates, solicits and maintains donor relations.
3. Works closely with the development committee and reports on development activities at committee and board meetings.
4. Trains board members, volunteers and staff on successful fund raising strategies.
5. Develops solicitation letters, case statements, proposals and fund raising materials.
6. Directs and supervises development department staff and volunteers for marketing, advertising, public relations, publications, membership and special events.
7. Develops and monitors annual department budget.
8. Maintains donor database, tracking gifts, pledges, acknowledgements, membership and renewals.
9. Oversees design and production of publications and web site.
10. Develops and implements strategies to promote Florida Oceanographic Society’s mission to internal constituencies of the organization and the community at large.
11. Develops and maintains a comprehensive planned-giving program.
1. Strong nonprofit organization experience with minimum 5 years fund raising leadership experience and demonstrated major donor success.
2. Bachelor’s degree; CFRE preferred or able to attain.
3. Demonstrated team leadership style with proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all internal and external constituencies.
4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and donor database management. Sage preferred.
6. Organized, efficient, detail-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic and committed to the Society’s mission.
Salary and Benefits
Full-time employment with competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Medical insurance, 401K plan and Annual Leave benefits available.
Employment application at FloridaOcean.org. Send completed application, letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Executive Director, Florida Oceanographic Society, 890 NE Ocean Blvd., Stuart, FL 34496